Family Support in Recovery
Research indicates that family involvement in treatment is crucial for effective long-term recovery and sobriety. In order to provide support, information and resources, Pacific Palms Recovery has developed a Family Education Program to meet the needs of those family members who have been impacted by a drug addiction or alcoholism.
The Program Goal
The goal of the Family Education Program is to introduce participants to the principles of recovery along with providing necessary social and emotional support. The educational component of the Family modules helps both clients and family members in understanding the tangled web of addiction and its impact on the family as a whole.
Family members of clients who are participating in Outpatient Treatment services are encouraged to enroll in the Family Education Program.
- Educational/recovery support group sessions facilitated by professional counseling staff
- Educating family memebers in the disease process, ensuring they develop an understanding of addiction
- Referral to a vast network of community resources
- Introduction to 12 step and Alanon recovery principles and the recovery community
The program places significant emphasis in the following areas:
- The Disease Concept
- The Family Disease
- Physical Effects of Addiction
- Behavioral Effects of Addiction
- Family dynamics
- Effective Communication Skills
- Establishing Boundaries
- Detaching with Love